Last Sunday's sermon now posted in the Sermons section of the website.
Although Christians are often identified by what they believe, Jesus seemed to care more about what his followers did. Faith practices, along with theological beliefs, are crucial to Christianity. These twelve weeks of Ordinary Time offer an excellent opportunity to explore what disciples do: practice generosity, wrestle with God, and take their faith public, to name a few.
Sunday, September 8, 2019: The Thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost
- "Disciples Take Faith Seriously: Moving Beyond Nominal Christianity" (Luke 14.25-33). Preacher: the Rector.
Sunday, September 15, 2019: The Fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost
- "Disciples Share Good News: Evangelism with Integrity" (Luke 15.1-10). Preacher: the Rector
Sunday, September 22, 2019: The Fifteenth Sunday after Pentecost
- "Disciples Resist Greed: Loving God More Than Money" (Luke 16.1-13). Preacher: the Reverend Canon Dr. Brian Ruttan.
Sunday, September 29, 2019, Saint Michael and All Angels
- Disciples Practice Generosity: Practicing Generous Financial Stewardship" (1 Timothy 6.6-19). Preacher: Graham Cubitt.
Sunday, October 6, 2019: The Seventeenth Sunday after Pentecost
- "Disciples Practice Reconciliation." Guest preacher, The Venerable Val Kerr, Archdeacon for Reconciliation and Indigenous Ministries, The Diocese of Niagara.
Sunday, October 13, 2019: The Eighteenth Sunday after Pentecost
- "Disciples Thrive in Exile: Redeeming Present Circumstances" (Jeremiah 29.1, 4-7). Preacher: the Rector
Sunday, October 19, 2019: The Ninteenth Sunday after Pentecost
- "Disciples Wrestle with God: Grappling with God and Faith" (Genesis 32.22-31). Preacher: the Rector
Sunday, October 27, 2019: The Twentieth Sunday after Pentecost
- Guest preacher: The Reverend Canon Dawn Davis, Faith Formation Coordinator, The Diocese of Niagara.
Sunday, November 3, 2019, All Saints
- "Disciples Affirm Resurrection Hope: Celebrating All Saints Day" (Ephesians 1.11-12).
Sunday, November 10, 2019, Remembrance Sunday: The Twenty-second Sunday after Pentecost
- "Disciples Live by Faith: Practicing Faith in Difficult Times" (Job 19.23-27a).
Sunday, November 17, 2019: The Twenty-third Sunday after Pentecost
- "Disciples Take their Faith Public: Faith Impacts Both the Personal and Public Realms" (Isaiah 65.17-25). Preacher: the Rector
Sunday, November 24, 2019, The Reign of Christ
- "Disciples Give Allegiance to Christ: Christ the Centre of All" (Colossians 1.11-20).