We are no longer receiving applications for this position.
The Church of Saint John the Evangelist (Anglican), Hamilton, ON is seeking a Parish Administrator who will lead and coordinate a team of volunteers that comprise the administrative team of the parish. This position involves a high degree of interaction with parish volunteers, members, and the general public in support of the parish’s various ministries. The ideal candidate will be a mature Christian who is able to encourage and support others, has a working knowledge of bookkeeping principles (Intuit Quickbooks), and Microsoft Office, is well organized and dependable. The ideal candidate will also be capable of working independently and with others, friendly and welcoming, and able to respect confidentiality and privacy of others.
At the Church of Saint John the Evangelist, we understand our mission as a participation in God's own. “God calls us to help people become followers of Jesus, equipped for ministry in the church and in the world through nurture, evangelism, worship and service” (Parish Mission Statement). Saint John’s is an Anglican parish in Diocese of Niagara located in west downtown Hamilton in the heart of Locke Street neighbourhood, at the corner of Locke Street South at Charlton Avenue West. The parish is also known as “the Rock on Locke.”
The Parish Administrator will:
- Coordinate with volunteers to ensure the timely distribution of worship materials for the parish’s multiple weekly services;
- Manage the day-to-day bookkeeping, entering bills, invoices, expenses, and deposits into the accounting system, printing and mailing cheques and payments, reconciling bank statements, and support the parish Treasurer and Corporation;
- Answer the telephone, receive and respond to phone messages, e-mail, and written correspondence, coordinating communications with office volunteers throughout the week;
- Coordinate all administrative tasks as needed, such as filing, ordering of supplies, updating church database, volunteer scheduling, planning;
- assist and facilitate various ministries and volunteers, such as Wednesday Morning Service, special mailings, Concert Administrator, following up with worship volunteers, etc.;
- Additional duties assigned by the rector and churchwardens.
A one-year contract is being offered for this part-time position and will begin with eight-hours (8) of employment per week, spread over two (2) mornings. There is a possibility that additional hours will be added in the future. The salary begins at $18 per hour. A working draft of the Ministry Description can be found here: https://goo.gl/6qFQcL.
The Church of Saint John the Evangelist embraces diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.
To apply please send your application to the Church of Saint John the Evangelist care of the Rector, at [email protected] no later than August 15, 2018. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Applications may also be submitted through Indeed.
Visit our web site at: www.rockonlocke.ca