Current Sermon Series
A Light to Enlighten the World
A sermon series for the Season of Epiphanytide (January 6 through March 3).
- Part I: "Outsiders Becoming Insiders" (Matthew 2.1-12) | Christ's love and light draws in the whole world.
The Epiphany of our Lord, Sunday, January 6, 2019.
- Part II: "Saved to Serve the Whole World" (Luke 3.15-17, 21-22) | A baptism empowers mission.
The Baptism of our Lord, Sunday, January 13, 2019.
- Part III: "The Illumination of New Wine" (John 2.1-11) | Jesus begins his work of illuminating dark places.
The Second Sunday after the Epiphany, January 20, 2019.
- Part IV: "A Mission to Light Your Way" (Luke 4.14-21) | Jesus' mission and our own.
The Third Sunday after the Epiphany, January 27, 2019.
- Part V: "Hometown Boy" (Luke 4.21-30) | Jesus' good news for the world is an invitation.
The Fourth Sunday after the Epiphany, February 3, 2019.
- Part VI: "Called and Sent" (Luke 5.1-11) | We hear and accept our call to be part of Jesus' work.
The Fifth Sunday after the Epiphany, February 10, 2019.
- Part VII: "Fullness and Emptyness" (Luke 6.17-26) | Emptying ourselves we experience God's fullness.
The Sixth Sunday after the Epiphany, Febuary 17, 2019.
- Part VIII: "Unlimited Love" (Luke 6.27-38) | Jesus' unconditional love opens boundaries.
The Seventh Sunday after the Epiphany, February 24, 2019.
- Part IX: "Listen to Him" (Luke 9.28-43a) | Don't box Jesus in; shine God's light for all to see.
The Last Sunday after the Epiphany: Transfiguration Sunday, March 3, 2019.